Play Video

Why I became an aromatherapist?

I am an Engineer by career….

Fourteen years ago, when my youngest daughter started gaining frequent respiratory conditions the answer was to pile her up with medication, which did nothing to prevent future episodes. I then, decided to start a new journey of natural remedies to foster prevention.

My true passion is to help people become the CEO of their own health, in the most natural way possible, with a big focus on prevention.

 So, this is my why… welcome to Clarisa Ayllon Health & Wellness

Our Mission

To empower and educate people to thrive in health through Aromatherapy”

Play Video

What is Aromatherapy?

We have been using aromatic plants for health benefits for thousands of years.

Hippocrates the Father of Medicine was using aromatic plants to treat his patients in 460 BC. He believed a daily bath and a massage was key to maintain good health. So already at that time Hippocrates made the relationship between health and hygiene, which was quite a revolutionary concept leading the way for this “health prevention concept”. 

Following his steps, and using aromatic plants, Aromatherapy is the art and science of using the essential oils of aromatic plants to promote health and wellbeing of body and mind.

The aim of an Aromatherapist is, to treat the person, rather than the disease. This holistic approach with natural solutions restores health in a sustainable manner. 

We like to use this 80/20 approach:  if we can choose 80% of the time a natural remedy for prevention we leave the other 20% for when we absolutely need an antibiotic or a strong allopathic medicine. And then we can come back to a more natural approach to stay healthy, to boost our immunity without generating a dependency. That’s the balance we are looking at, the equilibrium.

Consistency and patience is the name of the game, targeting prevention rather than correction is the way forward to promote health for body and mind.

Play Video

Learn about essential oils and how they work with your body

An essential oil is a non-oily natural extract of an aromatic plant most commonly obtained by distillation. They are called oils because of their chemical composition, which means that they do not mix with water.  They are volatile, non-greasy, and evaporate without a trace. 

Each essential oil is made up of many hundreds of chemical components which give the oil its color, consistency, aroma and therapeutic properties.

For any medicine to work it has to get into the body. Essential oils do this by the inhalation of the aroma through the nose or by the absorption of the oil through the skin.

The human sense of smell is called olfaction. Olfactory nerve cells are the only ones which are capable of regeneration which indicates the importance of the sense of smell. 

The olfactory nerve runs from the nose to the limbic system, the home of our memory and emotions. That is why “aromas” trigger sensations and emotions. They also trigger a hormonal cascade of signals to the different parts of the body creating powerful healing responses. Our body is working with us, for us to restore balance. 

When applied topically on the skin the essential oils enter the epidermis, then into the capillaries and finally reaching the bloodstream and lymphatic systems. In 20 mins it is in every cell of the body.

 During a consultation, the focus is on the person (not the symptom) taking many aspects into consideration like lifestyle, physical mental and emotional condition of the client, stress levels, preference of essential oils aromas. 

The outcome is a bespoke and unique blend to support your needs.  

Please join me in this journey to discover which essential oils work with your energy to promote health and wellness for body and mind.